Creamy Risotto Recipe
• 400 gm penne pasta • 100 gm tomatoes, diced
• 25 ml olive oil • 2 cloves garlic • 500 ml tomato sauce
• 20 gm white onion • 3 red chilies, chopped
• Fresh basil, • parsley salt & pepper to taste.
Creamy Risotto Preparation:
1. Boil pasta for 10 minutes. When cooked, drain & rinse under cold water.
2. Sauté onion & garlic in olive oil add chili, tomato & simmer for about 3 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce, season with salt, pepper, basil & parsley.
4. Pour it over the pasta & serve.
Mashed Potatoes Recipe
This recipe also known as creamy mashed potatoes
• 1 Kg potatoes, peeled & cut into 2-inch chunks • 4 tbsp butter, softened
• Freshly ground pepper • Half cup whole milk
• Half cup heavy cream or buttermilk • Snipped fresh chives (optional)
• Salt to taste
Mashed Potatoes Preparation:
1. Put potatoes in a pan with half tsp salt & just enough cold water to cover them.
2. Bring to a boil & cook at a moderate boil for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are easily pieced with a fork but not falling apart.
3. Meanwhile, warm milk & cream together a saucepan until steaming hot (do not boil).
4. Drain potatoes & return to pan.
5. Turn heat to high, shake pan for about 30 seconds, until water evaporate. Mash.
6. Beat or mash milk mixture into the potatoes quarter cup at a time & the butter a table spoon at a time.
7. Check after adding three-fourth cup of the liquid to see if you have the consistency & richness you want.
8. Add more liquid, if desired & season to taste with salt & pepper.
9. Garnish with snipped chives, if desired.
Fasenjan – Middle Eastern
• 2 large eggplants • 2 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped • 2 tsp cumin powder • 1 cup parsley chopped
• Half cup mint, chopped • 2 tsp salt •1 onion, peeled & sliced • ½ turmeric powder • 3 cups pomegranate juice
• 1 cup cilantro, fresh (or basil or parsley) •1 cup pomegranate seeds (about 2 pomegranates)
• 6 tbsp olive oil • 2 cups cilantro, chopped •1 tsp black pepper • 1/3 tsp cinnamon powder • 1 tsp crushed red pepper • 2 cups walnuts, toasted • 1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Cut eggplants into pieces & soak in a container of water with 2 tbsp salt for 20 minutes, rinse thoroughly, squeeze the water out with a towel.
2. Heat 4 tbsp oil in deep skillet over medium heat.
3. Add eggplant & sauté on all sides about 15 minutes or until golden.
4. Remove eggplant from skillet, drain on paper towel and set aside.
5. Add remaining oil to skillet and heat over medium heat.
6. Add onion and sauté until golden brown (10-15 minutes).
7. Add garlic for last few minutes for browning onions and continue cooking.
8. Add cumin, cinnamon, salt, pepper, parsley, cilantro and mint. Sauté for five minute.
9. Remove from heat & set aside.
10. Grind walnut in food processor until very fine.
11. Combine walnut with pomegranate & sugar.
12. Stir until sauce is smooth pour sauce into skillet, reduce heat to low, cover & simmer mixture for 30 minutes of until the eggplant is tender stirring occasionally add more brown sugar to taste.
13. Garnish with herb leaves and pomegranate seeds.
Baingan Bharta Recipe
• 800 gms Large eggplant ( Baigan )• 10 gms Cumin seeds • 15 gms Red chili powder
• 50 gms ghee • 100 gms Green peas •20 gms Tomatoes, chopped •10 gms Garam masala
• 20 gms Ginger, chopped •150 gms Onions, chopped • 50 gms Coriander, chopped • Salt to taste
1. Wash eggplants and wipe dry.
2. Place them on a roasting tray and roast in a pre-heat oven at 250 degree C for 20 minutes or until the egg plants become soft.
3. Let them cool and peel under running water.
4. Place them in a bowl and mash well. Keep aside.
5. Heat ghee in another heavy-bottomed pan. Splutter cumin seeds and add onion and ginger. Sauté till light brown.
6. Add tomatoes and red chili powder and cook for about five minutes or until ghee starts to separate.
7. Add mashed eggplant, green peas, salt and cook for about 10 minutes.
8. Stir occasionally or until the mixture leaves the side of pan and oil starts to appear on the mixture.
9. Finally, stir in coriander and garam masala.
10. Check for seasoning and serve hot with roti
• 2 cups rice, washed & soaked for 10 minutes• 4 tbsp coconut milk powder, mixed with 4 cups of water
• 20 Soya nuggets• 4 tbsp Oil• 6 green chilies, thinly sliced• 2 green cardamoms• 1 cinnamon stick
• 2 bay leaves• 2 cloves• 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced• 1 onion, thinly sliced• Chopped mint leaves, for garnishing• Salt to taste
1. Pressure-cook soy till soft. Strain & keep aside.
2. Strain rice & cook in coconut milk & keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Sauté cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, stick & bay leaves.
4. Add garlic, green chilies & onion fry till golden brown.
5. Add Soya nuggets & cook for another five minutes.
6. Add cooked rice, adjust salt & mix well.
7. Garnish with mint & serve.
Eggplant parmigiana Recipe
This recipe also known as Stuffed Eggplant parmigiana recipe
• 1 kg Eggplant ( Baingun ), sliced into roundels• 200 gms fresh basil leaves• 1 litre tomato sauce
• 200 gms Parmesan cheese• 150 gms flour• 300 gms mozzarella cheese• Salt pepper, to taste
Eggplant parmigiana Preparation:
1. Dust eggplant with a mixture of flour & salt, deep-fry.
2. Drain on a kitchen towel & keep aside.
3. In a pan, layer eggplant, tomato sauce, Parmesan & basil.
4. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 220 degrees C for 5 minutes or till it begins to brown.
6. Gratinate before serving.
Bitter gourd Curry
• 500 gms bitter gourd (karela)• 2 tbsp peanuts, dry-roasted• 3 tbsp desiccated coconut, dry-roasted
• 2 tbsp sesame seeds, dry-roasted• 6 tbsp oil• 2 medium-sized onions, finely sliced• 10 red chilies, dry-roasted• 1 tsp turmeric powder• 1 tsp mustard seeds• 1 inch ginger, 4 cloves garlic• Half tsp cumin seeds• Pulp of lemon-sized tamarind• Salt to taste
1. Deseed bitter gourd, and then cut it into one inch pieces.
2. Fry onion in one tbsp oil till soft & translucent. Grind it together with sesame seeds, peanut, coconut ginger, garlic & red chilies.
3. Add turmeric powder to the ground paste & mix well.
4. Add bitter gourd to the mixture & keep aside for an hour.
5. Refrigerate for further 30 minutes.
6. Heat remaining oil in a work & splutter mustard & cumin seeds.
7. Sauté bitter gourd along with the masala till tender.
8. Add tamarind pulp & pressure-cook for five minutes.
Beetroot dosa Recipe
• 250 gms beetroot ( Chuqandar )• 25 gms dosa batter• 1.5 tsp each rice powder & plain flour• 25 ml oil• Half tsp cumin seeds ( Zeera )• Salt to taste
1. Boil beetroot & cumin seeds till soft.
2. Drain & grind to a paste.
3. Add flour rice powder & beetroot paste & mix well.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of oil on a on-stick griddle & spread it around.
5. Pour ladleful of batter on the griddle & spread it immediately to make thin dosa (pancakes).
6. Simmer till crisp & brown.
7. Serve immediately with coconut chutney.
Creamy Zucchini recipe
• 4 tbsp Plain yogurt• tbsp fresh lemon juice• 4 tbsp Sour cream• 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
• 100 ml olive• 500 gms green zucchini, cut into thick slices Salt & white pepper, to taste
1. Make dill-cream mixture by combining yogurt, sour cream dill, lemon juice & olive oil in a bowl, mix together & refrigerate.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet, add zucchini slices & cook for two minutes on each side until browned.
3. Season to taste.
4. Serve warm with chilled dill cream mixture.
Shahi vegetable Recipe
• 1 cup Bengal gram, soaked for hour• 100 gms Carrots, diced and fried• 100 gms French beans, fried
• 200 gms Okra, chopped and fried• 2 tsp Sugar• 100 gms Potato, diced and fried• Juice of 1 Lemon
• 1/2 Turmeric powder• 1 tsp Garam masala• 100 gms Cottage cheese, diced and fried• 2 tbsp ghee
• 1-1/2 tbsp Cumin powder• 1 tsp Coriander powder• 1 inch piece Ginger, finely chopped
• Salt to taste• 1 mined Garlic• 2 Cup Tomato puree• 1 tsp Mango powder (amchur)
1. Drain and boil the Bengal gram in 1-1/2 cup of water.
2. Heat the ghee in a pan and add ginger, garlic, all the fried vegetable, cottage cheese, boil Bengal gram, cumin, and coriander and turmeric powder.
3. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
4. Mix the salt and sugar with the tomato puree and pour over the vegetables.
5. Include the remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
6. Server hot.