Italian Mocha Espresso:
Prep time 5 minutes
Food Class- Kosher
1 cup instant coffee,1 cup sugar,4 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk,1/2 cup cocoa
Stir ingredients together. Process in a blender until powdered. Use 2 Tablespoons to one small cup of hot water. Serve in demitasse cups. Makes about 7 cups of mix.
Italian Style Meat Loaf:
Prep time 5 minutes
1 lb lean ground beef,6 oz Italian sausage or spicy,Bulk sausage,1cn (14 1/2 oz) Italian style,Stewed tomatoes,1 c fresh bread crumbs,1/2 c chopped onion,1/2 c chopped green bell pepper,1 egg
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Place in a 4 1/2 x 8" loaf pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour; drain.
Crock-Pot Italian Beef:
Prep time 5 minutes
1 sirloin tip or rolled rump roast,1 t salt,1/4 t pepper,1/2 t oregano,1/2 t Italian seasoning,1/2 t garlic salt,1 t accent,2 pk good seasons Italian, Salad dressing mix (dry)
Place roast in crock-pot. Bring all seasonings and enough water to completely cover roast to a boil in a pan on the stove, then put in crock-pot. Cook all day, then let it set in the juices overnight in the refrigerator after it has been sliced or minced. Heat in the oven or microwave the next day and serve on Italian buns.
Cannellini Beans with Italian Sausage:
Prep time 5 minutes
Food Class-Meat Kosher
1 T olive oil,3 hot Italian sausages,3 sweet Italian sausages,4 cloves garlic,1 T chopped fresh sage or,1 t dried sage,1 cn Italian plum tomatoes,2 cn cannellini beans (16 oz. ea.),Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in an ovenproof, flameproof medium casserole and saute' sausages 15 minutes. Drain off excess fat. Add garlic and sage and saute' until garlic is golden. Cool and slice sausages into 1 1/2" pieces. Add tomatoes and beans and simmer until well cooked, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste. Serves 6. Note: This may be held in oven for 30 minutes at 300 degrees.
Classic Bruschetta Recipe:This is a recipe for basic bruschetta. You may make this to begin with and then add additional toppings to enhance this wonderful Italian treat. Some suggestions are, plum tomatoes (cut into cubes), fresh basil leaves, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, olives, mozzarella cheese, goat cheese, oregano or prosciutto. If topping with any type cheese, make the basic recipe below, add the cheese topping, and then put back under broiler just long enough to melt the cheese.Although this recipe starts with six slices of bread, you may make as many as you want by adjusting the quantity of the other ingredients as needed.
6 slices Italian bread, cut 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick, 2 garlic cloves cut in half, Extra virgin olive oil, as needed,Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat broiler (or you may use the grill).2. Cook the bread until lightly golden brown on each side.
3. Remove from broiler and immediately rub one side of the toast with the cut side of the garlic.4. Brush olive oil over the garlic side of the bread.Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Chocolate and Ricotta Tarts:
Prep time 15 minutes
Main ingredient-Ricotta Chocolate
300 g sweet crust pastry,20 g candied orange peel,20 g candied lemon peel,20 g glace cherries,20 g plain chocolate,1 egg,75 g caster sugar,1/2 lemon,200 g ricotta cheese.
1. Roll the pastry and line four 3 inch loose bottomed flan rings. Cut the excess pastry into strips. Put in the fridge for 20 minutes. 2. Beat the egg yolk and sugar until creamy. Add the chopped fruit, chocolate, lemon zest and ricotta to the mixture. 3. Preheat the oven to 190c / 375f / Gas Mark 5. Pour the mix into the pastry cases and cover with the strips of pastry in a lattice shape. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until the top is brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream
* 1 loaf frozen bread dough (1 lb.), thawed* 1/2 cup pizza sauce (spaghetti sauce may be substituted)
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano* 4 ounces sliced pepperoni* 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese* 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a flat rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Place on a greased baking sheet.
3. Spread spaghetti sauce over the dough, leaving a 2-3 inch border around the edge without sauce.
4. Sprinkle with oregano, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese.
5. Fold in half by bringing long side of dough up over filling. Use a wet finger to moisten border and press together to seal.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Fried Calamari Recipe:
* 1 pound calamari, cleaned bodies and tentacles* Oil as needed (canola or peanut oil)* 1 cup flour, all-purpose* Salt & pepper to taste.
1. Cut each of the squid bodies into 4 rings using scissors.
2. Place 1 inch of oil in a large cook pot and heat over medium-high heat to 375 degrees F., as measured with a thermometer (see note below).
3. Combine flour, salt and pepper on a large flat plate and dredge calamari in flour to coat on all sides.
4. Lower calamari rings and tentacles into hot oil and cook until lightly browned (about 2-3 minutes).
5. Remove to paper towels to drain oil.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Note: If you do not have a cooking thermometer, use a wooden stir spoon or other wooden utensil by placing the wooden handle into the hot oil. If the oil is hot enough, bubbles should rise along the handle immediately. If not, wait for the oil to get hotter.
Pasta With Garlic Sauce Recipe:This is a yummy pasta recipe with a little kick. If you do not like a slight spicy flavor, omit the red pepper flakes.
* 1 lb. pasta shells (any shape you prefer)* 4 garlic cloves* 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes* 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese* 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water per package instructions.
2. While the pasta cooks, crush the garlic cloves in a bowl using garlic press. Add the Parmesan, pepper flakes and oil. Mix well until creamy.
3. When the pasta is cooked strains it and adds it to the garlic cream, mix well and serve hot.