Potato Salad with Parsley RecipeServes 4
• 4 medium-sized potatoes, boiled in salted water• Half cup mayonnaise• 1 small onion, chopped
• Half tsp lemon peel, grated• 2 large eggs, boiled & chopped(For dressing, mix together)
• Half cup sour cream• 1 cup mustard paste• Half cup parsley, chopped• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp salt• Pepper, a pinch
Potato Salad with Parsley Preparation:
1. Peel and dice potato when warm.
2. Add chopped egg, dressing and mix well.
3. Cool & serve.
Persian Rice salad RecipeIngredients:-
• 300 gm mixed basmati & wild rice• 1 inch piece of fresh root ginger, peeled & finely chopped
• Small bunch mint leaves, chopped• 3 tbsp olive oil• 12 dried apricot, diced• Half tsp round cinnamon
• Zest of half orange• 50 gm pistachios chopped• Juice of 1 orange• Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Boil rice, drain & refresh with cold water, set aside.
2. Mix together the ginger, orange juice/zest, cinnamon, all spice, olive oil & stir into rice along with the apricots, pistachios & mint.
3. Taste & season, adding a squeeze more orange if you like.
Note: This salad can be made up to 25 hours in advance, covered & kept in the fridge. If transporting it, remember that, like meat & cheese dishes, it is also important to keep rice cold. ** when zesting fruit, take care to grate just the skin, avoiding the white pith as this will add a bitter flavor).
Tuna Salad RecipeServing 4
• 200 gms fine green beans, trimmed• 16 small potatoes• 80 ml olive oil• 30 ml basil pesto• 20 ml lemon juice• 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & quartered• 1 can tuna chunks in water, drained
1 Bring half a saucepan of water to a boil & add beans.
2. Cook for 30 seconds, then remove from the water, drain & refresh in cold water.
3. Add potatoes to the boiling water reduce heat & simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
4. Drain & cut each potato in half.
5. For the dressing, mix together lemon juice, olive oil & basil pesto.
6. Pour over potatoes while they are still hot & toss to coat.
7. Set aside until cool.
8. Add beans, tuna, & eggs to the potatoes & toss gently.
9. Chill until ready to serve.
Smoked fish salad RecipeServes 4
• 500 gms smoked fish (mackerel or salmon trout)• 6 hard-boiled egges, peeled• 60 ml milk
• 2 ml sugar• 2 red peppers, sliced• 1 tsp lemon juice• 60 ml oil• Salad leves• Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste.
Smoked fish salad Preparation:
1. Remove the skin & bones from the fish & flake the flesh.
2. To make the dressing, remove yolk from three of the eggs & mash them with milk to make a smooth paste.
3. Add sugar & half the lemon juice.
4. Whisk in the oil, a little at a time.
5. Chop egg white finely & add to the fish.
6. Add dressing & mix well.
7. Divide salad leaves between serving plates, add pepper slices & top with fish mixture.
8. Cut remaining eggs into quarters & divide among serving plates.
9. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice & season with salt & pepper.
Bavarian Potato Salad RecipeIngredients:-
• Potatoes 4 cups, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick• Salt To taste• Lemon juice 2 tbsps• Onion 1/3 cup, chopped• Chicken Stock 2 cups• Vegetable oil 1/4 cup• Sugar 1/2 tbsp• Black pepper powder as required.
1. Boil potatoes in broth with 1/4 tsp salt until tender and darin.
2. Toss warm potatoes with vegetable oil and onions.
3. Dissolve 1/4 tsp salt and sugar in lemon juice. Pour over potatoes.
4. Marinate salt for 1-2 hours. Before serving serve at room temperature.
Chicken and Line Noodle Salad RecipeIngredient:-
• Bake Parlor noodles 250gms (1 packet)• Green onion 2, thinly,sliced• Red capscium - 1 thinly sliced
• Carrots 1 medium, thinly sliced• Fish sauce 2tbsps• Chicken 2 cup, boiled and shredded• Coriander 1/2 cup, chopped• Garlic 2 cloves, crushed• Red chilli 1, chopped• Vinegar 2tbsps• Lemon juice 1/2 cup
• Mint leaves 1/2 cup• Peanut oil 1/3 cup• BBQ chicken masala 1/2 packet• Butter 50 gms (5-6 tbsps)
1. Boil water in pan with salt in it,add Bake Parlor noodles in hot water,boil, drain water and keep the noodles in a bowl.
2. Mix BBQ chicken masala and butter, garlic, red chillies, vinger, fish sauce in a frying pan and fry in
peanut oil till golden brown.
3. Take a big salad bowl, mix chicken vegetables and herbs then add boiled noodles in it and mix well.
4. Sprinkle lemon juice and little peanut oil.
5. Delicious salad is ready to serve.
Greek Salad RecipeIngredients:-
• 300 gms Greek feta cheese• 24 olives• 150 gms each, cubed cucumber & halved cherry tomatoes
• 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil• 1 red onion, cut into rings• 20 ml lemon juice• Salt & pepper to taste
• Parsley leaves
1 Mix cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, onion & olives in a bowl.
2. Drizzle olive oil & lemon juice & season with salt & pepper.
3. Toss well.
4. Garnish with parsley & serve.
Cheddar Olive Salad RecipeGround beef, cheddar cheese and olives form the base for this maxican-style salad tossed with tomatoes and corn chips. Add your favorite chilies if you like it spicy. This is hearty enough for dinner.
• Ground beef 1 lb• Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives 1/3 cup• Medium tomato, coarsely chopped 3
• Shredded cheddar cheese 2 cups• Commercial spicy-sweet French salad dressing 1/2 cup
• Sliced ripe olives, drained 2.2 ounce• 1 Large head lettuce, shredded• corn chip 3 cups
1. Cook ground beef in a large skillet until browned, stirring to crumble meat.
2. Drain and cool slightly. Combine beef, cheddar cheese, salad dressing, black olives and green
olives. Now Chill.
3. Add lettuce, tomatoes and corn chips, tossing gently. Server Salad immediately.