Mini Meatballs Recipe
For the meatballs
• 250 g cooked beef mince• 1 egg, whisked• 60 ml each, plain flour & soft breadcrumbs• 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
For the coating
• 125 ml plain flour• 125ml dry breadcrumbs• 1 egg, whisked• Oil, for shallow-frying
Mini Meatballs Preparation:
1. Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs & divide them into lemon-size portions.
2. Coat each ball in flour first, then in the egg & finally in the breadcrumbs.
3. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, allowing the balls to set well.
4. Deep-fry in medium oil till golden brown.
5. Drain on paper towels.
6. serve with salad & mashed potatoes.
Meat Croquettes Recipe
• Meat (chicken / beef / mutton) 2 cups, diced and cooked• Celery 3 tbsp, minced• Oil 1tbsp
• Onion 1/4 cup, chopped• Capsicum 1tbsp, minced• Paprika 1tsps• Salt To taste• Eggs 2
• Black pepper Powder 1/4 tbsp• Lemon juice 2tbsps• Bread crumbs 2tbsps• Parsley 1tbsp, minced• Fresh bread crumbs 2 cups• Oil For frying
1. Sauté onions in oil until light golden and translucent.
2. Combine all ingredients except bread crumbs and eggs.
3. Chill the mixture, beat eggs and roll croquettes in egg and then breadcrumbs.
4. Fry and turning so all sliced are brown.
• 1cup dried chickpeas• 2 cloves of garlic, chopped• Oil for frying• 3 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 tsp coriander• 1 large onion, chopped• 1 tsp cumin• 2 tbsp flour• Salt & pepper (as desired)
1. Place dried chickpeas in a bowl, covering with cold water.
2. Allow to soak overnight. Drain and place in a pan with fresh water, bring to a boil.
3. Allow it boil for 5 minutes, then let simmer on low for about an hour.
4. Drain and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
5. Combine chickpeas, garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper (to taste) in medium bowl.
6. Add flour, mashed chickpeas, ensuring to mix ingredients together. (You can also combine ingredients in a food processor.) You want the result to be a thick paste.
7. Form the mixture into small bowls, about the size of a ping pong bowl.
8. Slightly flatten. Fry 5/7 minutes in 2 inches for oil until golden brown.
9. Serve hot.
Serving guide: Falafel can be served as an appetizer with hummus and tahini, or as a main coarse. Stuff pita bread with falafel, lettuce, tomatoes, tahini, salt and pepper. As an alternative, falafel can be formed into patties and serve like a burger.
Eggplant patties Recipe
This recipe also known as Baingan patties recipe
• 1 cup Baingan, diced & cooked until tender• 3 tbsp flour• Three-quarters cup cooked rice
• 1 egg• Dash red pepper sauce• 2 tbsp grated onion• Half tsp salt• Pinch black pepper
• Half cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
Eggplant patties recipe Preparation:
1. Drain & measure 1 cup of the cooked Baingan into a bowl.
2. Mix with remaining ingredients.
3. Cover & chill thoroughly.
4. Medium heat oil in a heavy skillet over, drop mixture by tablespoonfuls & fry until nicely browned on both sides.
5. Serve immediately as a side dish with sliced tomatoes or salsa.
Chickpea patties Recipe
• 2 cups chickpeas, soaked overnight• 2 tbsp rice flour• 2 onion, finely chopped• coriander and curry leaves, finely chopped• 1 inch ginger• salt, to taste• oil, for frying
Chickpea patties preparation:
1. Coarsely grind chickpeas with little water to make a thick batter.
2. Add remaining ingredients & mix well.
3. Take 2 tablespoonfuls of the mixture on your damp palms, flatten it out gently & gently slip it into hot oil.
4. Fry till golden brown on both sides & cooked.
5. Drain & serve hot with tomato ketchup
Malaysian meat patties
• 125g minced meat• 5 large potatoes (boiled & peeled)• 2 tsp butter• 1 egg (separated)
• Cooking oil for deep frying• 1clove (lahsan), finely chopped• 1 onion (chopped)
• Half tsp grated Jaiphal• Salt & pepper to taste• 1 stalk celery (chopped)
1. Mash potatoes: add meat, garlic, butter & residual ingredients except oil & egg white.
2. Add Pepper & salt to taste.
3. Make small balls of this mixture.
4. Heat oil on medium flame.
5. Dip patties in egg white & deep fry.
6. When cooked to golden brown, remove & drain well on paper towel.
7. Serve hot with boiled white rice or enjoy as snacks with chutney.
• 500 gms ground lamb or beef• 3-4 medium eggs• 2-3 medium onions• 500 gms small potatoes
• 2 spoons chopped parsley• Cooking oil• one cub bread crumbs• Salt & black pepper to taste
1. Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes over high heat until soften, then peel & mash them.
2. Peel & grate onions.
3. Add to potatoes with eggs, salt, black pepper, parsley & meat.
4. Mix well until the mix is quite even.
5. Remove balls from the mix about 4-5 cm in diameter.
6. Spread bread crumbs until it is fully covered.
7. Shape into balls.
8. Heat up cooking oil in a frying pan. Fry each Kotlet over medium heat on both sides until golden.
9. Serve with parsley, sliced tomatoes, and flat bread.
Seafood cheese spring roll
• 200 gms Shrimps• 300 gms bean thread noodles• 20 gms Red bell pepper• 50 gms Crab sticks
• 10 gms spring onion• 50 gms White cabbage• 100 gms Beans sprout• 15 gms Salt
• 5 gms Sugar• 30 gms Red onion and carrots• 60 gms Cheddar cheese grated• 1 Pinch white pepper• 5 Lumpia wrapper
1. Heat the wok. Turn off the flames and pour in the garlic oil.
2. Sauté onion until it becomes light brown, add the seafood ingredients and toast for a minute.
3. Add the vegetables and seasoning and cook for two minutes.
4. Transfer the mixture into a colander. Drain for a minute and cool.
5. Wrap the fillings in the Lumpia wrapper. Place wrapped spring roll in food keeper with cover. Store in chiller.
6. Take out when you are ready to fry it.