Mini Meringues Recipe
• Egg white 04• Caster sugar1-1/4 cups• White vinegar 1 tsp• Sifted corn flour1 tbsp• Red food color 2 drops
1. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Beat in caster sugar by the spoonful, untill sugar has dissolved and the mixture is thick.
2. Fold in corn flour, vinegar and food color. Pipe rosettes on to a baking
sheet lined with foil and bake at 100 degree C for 40 minutes.
3. Switch off the oven and leave it to dry out.
Algerian Almond Cookie Recipe
This recipe also known as Dziriat
• ½ kg almonds, whole, blanched• 2 eggs, beaten lightly• 2 cups water• 1 cup sugar• 3 cups powdered (confectioner’s) sugar
1. Preheat oven to 175 C.
2. Place the almonds & sugar in a food processor & process until the almonds are finely pulverized.
3. Remove to a bowl.
4. Make a well in the center of the almonds & stir in the eggs with a wooden spoon until the dough starts to come together.
5. Knead the dough until smooth. Cut into 4 equal portions & place on a floured work surface.
6. Roll one portion out into a rope about three-fourth inch in diameter. Press down with your palm to flatten the rope to about half-inch thickness.
7. Cut the rope on a diagonal into 1-inch pieces & remove to an un greased cookie sheet.
8. Repeat with the remaining dough.
9. Bake cookies for aobut 12-15 minutes, or until they are lightly browned on top.
10. Remove to racks & cool completely.
11. While the cookies bake, bring water & half cup sugar to a rapid boil in a saucepan over high heat.
12. Stir to dissolve sugar & let boil for 10-15 minutes.
13. Remove & cool to room temperature.
14. Stir in the orange flower water. Put powdered sugar in a large bowl.
15. To complete, dip each cookie first in the sugar syrup to wet.
16. Then toss in the confectioner’s sugar to coat well.
17. Put on a rack to dry & repeat with the rest of the cookies.
These easy-to-make, flourless cookies are excellent served with tea or coffee. They will keep for over a month stored in a well sealed container.
Tea Cakes Recipe
• 1 cup margarine, softened• 2 cups flour• 1 tsp vanilla extract• 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
• Confectioner’s sugar
1. Combine together cream margarine, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla until flufy.
2. Combine it in the flour and kneading well to make dough. Chill for 2 hours.
3. Make small pieces of dough and roll it in small balls and placed on greased baking sheet.
4. Place this baking sheet into oven and bake at 375 degree untill light brown.
5. Remove from oven and place on wire rack.
6. Coat the tea cakes by rolling it in confectioner’s sugar and serve.
Mango mini muffins Recipe
Makes 18 mini muffins
• Half cup Whole wheat flour• Half cup all-purpose flour• Quarter tsp coconut extract• 2 tbsp brown sugar, firmly packed• Half tsp baking soda• 2 tbsp toasted wheat germ• One eight tsp salt
• Half cup ripe mashed mango• 1 egg, beaten• 1 tbsp skim milk• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• Quarter tsp almond extract
1. Mix first six ingredients in large bowl ; make a well in center of mix.
2. Combine mangos, oil, egg, milk & flavorings; include liquid mix dry ingredients, strings just until dry ingredients are moistened.
3. Spoon batter intro greased & floured miniature muffin pans, or pans which have been lined with miniature muffin cups.
4. Fill 3 fourth full, Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from pans & let cool slightly on wire rack.
Grated Chocolate roll
• Eggs 4, seprated• Castor sugar 1/2 cup• Thickened cream 3/4 cup• Icing sugar 2 tbsp• Dark chocolate 60 gms, grated• Self-Raising flour 1/2 cup• Hot water 2 tbsp• castor sugar 2 tbsp (extra)• essence of vanilla 1tsp
1. Grease a 25 cmx 30 cm swiss roll pan, Line base and sides with paper , grease paper well.
2. Beat egg-yolks and sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer for about five minute or until thick and creamy.
3. Transfer mixture to the large bowl, fold in hot water and chocolate, then fold in sifted flour.
4. Beat egg whites in small bowls with electric mixer or beater until soft peak form, fold into mixture, pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake in moderate oven for about 12 minutes. Turn immediately on to paper which has been sprinkled with extra sugar.
6. Turn crisp edges from sides of cake in pepper form the long side. Stand two minutes,
7. Spread with vanilla cream, roll up.
8. Serve topped with extra whipped cream and chocolates curls if desired.
Vanilla cream: Beat cream, icing sugar and essence in a small bowl with electric mixer or beater until soft peaks form.