* 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
* 1 teaspoons baking soda
* 8 ounces butter, softened (do not substitute margarine)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla (not imitation)
* 12 ounce (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare baking sheet(s) by lining with parchment paper or spraying with vegetable shortening.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until creamy.
5. Add brown and white sugar and beat until fluffy.
6. Continue beating and add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla
7. Turn mixer to low speed and add the flour mixture a cup at a time until mixed well.
8. Scrape the bowl and make sure there is no flour at the bottom.
9. Using a tablespoon, measure out the cookie dough and place on prepared sheet(s) leaving a little space between to spread.
10. Bake in pre heated oven for 10-12 minutes or until slightly firm around the edges.
11. Remove to cooling racks and cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.
Makes 25-30 soft Chocolate Chip Cookies