We all know we should eat greens many know, but did you know that you should try to have allium vegetables on a regular basis ?
Acrid smell strong and rich in antioxidants, these are the two major characteristics of Allium vegetables. Some vegetables in the allium foods include onions, garlic , leeks , onions and shallots , among others. While most of allium vegetables such as onions , garlic , leeks , onions and shallots are available throughout the year, some of them as ramps and green garlic are available only in the spring .
Allium vegetables are widely used as ingredients in recipes , simple recipes in daily or even gastronomic and culinary delights. For example , India , onion and garlic are widely used in most dishes . In the culture of the Middle East , cooking skewers , lamb and mutton is not possible without onions and garlic. Garlic is used in various Mexican recipes . Similarly United States , the use of food dishes in various Allium is abundant.
These allium foods are rich in antioxidants and they are almost cheap. In addition allium vegetables have long lives that you refrigerate or not . Let's look at some reasons why you should include more foods in your daily diet allium :
- Most Allium foods have almost similar properties , but in different quantities . Eat onions , leeks, garlic and other allium food is known to help reduce cholesterol, low blood pressure exercise .
- Suffering from heart disease? Eat garlic and onions daily , as they help to prevent heart disease. Allium vegetables are heart healthy foods that provide cholesterol and ultimately reduce the risk of stroke or heart attack .
- Allium vegetables contain polyphenols and sulfur-containing nutrients that help prevent the risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
- Vegetable especially garlic Allium is packed with powerful antioxidants , antibiotics and anti- inflammatory drugs that are known to reduce the risk of colon cancer and breast cancer . They are also known to reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease .
- Garlic contains allicin called antioxidant that improves heart health and prevents inflammation and damage blood vessels. Eating garlic can give you that smelly breath but it contains powerful antioxidants that can cure many ailments.
How to get the maximum benefits :
The best way to get the maximum nutrients onions , shallots, garlic and other vegetables is to eat them raw . You can add them to salads for that extra flavor and make the dish more healthy heart .
If you find the smell of garlic and other allium too strong and can not have raw food, you can chop fresh garlic and other allium foods and add it to a dish cooked in the last minutes of the end of cooking.
You can add a great flavor to pasta , spaghetti sauce or lasagna with garlic . You can use shallots in salad dressings or add scratches garlic beef or lamb . You can sauté the leeks and add the fish and chicken.
You can also find dried onion and garlic powder in the market , but they lost most of its nutritional value. However, they are still healthy and you can sprinkle on different dishes.
Allium vegetables are super healthy and add a special flavor to any meal. Use them every day!