Cooking guide, Famous recipes, Delicious world cuisines, Food facts, Kitchen safety tips and more about cooking..

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A New Look at an Old Pound Cake Recipe

Changes in cake recipes is tricky. You never know how the result will actually come. If it is too dry? If the cooking time will need a drain? How many shots is enough? The pound cake recipe my sister sent me all these years to bake in a bundt pan or tube called. When the cake starts in a cold oven, heat slowly to a very low temperature for a long cooking time with an angel food cake pan or another plateau, which is the base separates catastrophic. I say this from experience. The oven was a mess.

Difficulties with this recipe
The only problem with this cake is that it has always stuck to the pan. He goes to pieces. It's always delicious. It can be used to be reduced by a little. It can be used as shortcake with fruit on the top. It's not pretty. A pan of angels would have been ideal because it is easy to run a knife around the edges to separate, lift the pipe section, then run a knife around the base. But it can not be cooked in this type of pan. My thought was that the use of a couple of loaf pans would work. Recipe is great, and could easily be two small loaf pans. Loaf pan has straight walls, making it easier to line with parchment, and thus eliminates the problem sticking to the pan. This is not possible in a bundt pan or other solid tube, because it usually causes. But I wonder, what about a Savarin mold silicone?

Amendments and renewals
Today I decided to take the plunge and try the silicone Savarin mold. I also decided to tweak the recipe. The old recipe taste wonderful, so the taste was never the problem. I recently wrote an article about the use of coconut milk instead of regular milk or cream for recipes and decided to try it. The original recipe called for lemon flavor. I replaced a very small amount of pure lime oil. These flavors provide a tropical taste. Tropical seemed really nice to me, a day that began at least 12 degrees.

The original recipe contains Place the pan in a cold oven and set the oven temperature to 325 degrees. Timing for the cake was 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Maybe because I added things to. The recipe, with a little more fluid, a little flour and add an egg, it took another good 2 hours to cook all the way through Does it again, I think I'll start the cake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees and see how it affects the outcome. For now, even though I joined the Savarin mold silicone cake. The taste is fantastic. Next time will be the star of the day bread molds. Here is my recipe.

Tropical Pound Cake
3 sticks unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup coconut milk
5 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon Boyajian Pure Lime Oil, or substitute the grated rind of one lime
1/4cup oil
3 cups all purpose flour

Cream first 3 ingredients together. Eggs one beat well after each addition. Add in flavors. Beat the flour in 3 separate additions, laced with coconut milk.

If you have a bundt pan silicone spray the pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter and put the pan on a small baking sheet in a cold oven. Bake for about 2 hours or until a skewer is inserted into the long center comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan before.

If you use 2 loaf pans, spray each with cooking spray, then cut two pieces of parchment for each dish. A part corresponding to the length of the trough, the. Also to the sides The second portion is to the width of the tub, and which correspond to an extension at the sides. Evaporating a second time, later to ensure easy removal. Begin the loaf pans in a cold oven, set the oven to 300 degrees and bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Thank you for taking the time to read my article. I hope it was informative and helped you on your own culinary journey. You can find many more recipes and tips on my site. I'm on Facebook a harmony of flavors and share a recipe or tip every day for the fans who like my page. I hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment