Jerked lamb with guava sauce
• 2.5 kg leg of lamb, bone (for the jerk seasoning)• 75 ml vinegar• 2 red peppers• 1 tsp ground all spice• 1 tbsp thyme, chopped• 6 sabz piyaz• 2 tsp ground dal chini• 1tsp brown sugar• 1.5 tsp salt• 1 tsp jaiphal, grated• 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper• 1 tbsp oil
For the guava dipping sauce
• 175 gm guava jelly• 2 tbsp vinegar• 1 head lehsan• 1 tsp hot pepper sauce• 1 tsp olive oil Food preparation:
1. Place the ingredients for the jerk seasoning into a blender and whiz to a thick paste.
2. Rub the jerk seasoning and salt thoroughly into the lamb.
3. Cover and marinate into the fridge over night.
4. Set the oven to 180 C. rub the crushed garlic on the inside of the lamb leg.
5. Roll up the leg and tie in three places to secure.
6. Roast for 45 minutes for medium/ rare (add about 15 minutes for well/ done).
7. To make the dipping sauce, cut of the top of a whole head of garlic.
8. Pour over the olive oil, wrap it in foil and roast for about 15/ 20 minute, until soft.
9. Squeezed the garlic cloves out of their skins and crush them ion a sauce pan.
10. Add the guava jelly and vinegar. Stir until the guava jelly has dissolved, add the hot pepper sauce and bring to a simmer.
11. Cook for five minutes.
12. Allow the lamb to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
13. Just before serving, stir the parsley and coriander into the sauce.
14. Slice the lamb and serve immediately with the warm sauce.
Mutton and Lentil tagine recipe
• 750 gms mutton, cut into 1 inch cubes• ½ cup dried lentils• 10 hara dhanya sprigs• 2 tbsp chopped leaves• 2 cups chopped onion• 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed• 1 medium tomato, cut into eight wedges• 1 tbsp olive oil• 1 tsp ground cumin• 4 cups wshed, ready-to-eat spinach• Salt & pepper to taste
Mutton and Lentil tagine Preparation:
1. Heat oil in a medium-size non-stick skiller over high heat.
2. Add mutton cubes & brown for 2 minutes, ensuring they are browned all over.
3. Remove to a plate.
4. Add onion, garlic, tomato, cinnamon, cumin, salt & pepper.
5. Cook for a minute. Add 2.5 cups water, 10 springs hara dhanya & lentils.
6. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid & gently simmer for 20 minutes. (The water should be absorbed).
7. Remove hara dhanya springs, stir in mutton & spinch & cook for 2 minutes.
8. Divide between 2 dinner plates & sprinkle with chopped dhanya.
Mutton fried boti recipe
• 1 kg mutton, small cubes• 4 Tomatoes (chopped)• 2-3 tbsp ghee or oil• 3-4 Green chilies (chopped)• 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste• 4-5 Onions (finely chopped)• 1.5 tbsp gur ( jiggery )• Coriander leaves (chopped)• ½ tsp Turmeric powder• 2 cups water• Salt to taste
• 5-6 Potatoes
Mutton fried boti Preparation:
1. Heat oil or ghee in a pan. Add onions and sauté until golden.
2. Add chili powder, turmeric powder, and ginger-garlic paste.
3. Stir for about one minute.
4. Now add the mutton cubes and cook until the meat gets a light brown color.
5. Add chopped green chilies, tomatoes, water and salt as required, stir it.
6. Bring it to a boil.
7. Cook for 30-40 minutes over low heat.
8. Mix jiggery ( gur ) and vinegar with it.
9. Cook again for about 5-6 minutes.
10. Remove it from the heat. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
11. Mutton Boti is ready.
12. Now cut six to seven large potatoes into very thin straws.
13. Soak them in chilled salty water for few minutes.
14. Drain the water and dry the straws.
15. Deep fry the straws in boiling ghee or oil, until golden brown.
16. Remove excess oil from potato straws and server with Fried Boti.