Chicken Corn Soup Recipe:
This mouth-watering "Soups" recipe for Chicken Corn Soup can be prepared in 20 minutes and serves 2-3 people.
1 cup chicken, boiled and shredded
1 egg white
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup corn
Greens of 1 spring onion, chopped
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp water
Pinch of white pepper
Soya sauce and green chillies in vinegar, to serve.
* Bring chicken stock to a boil, add in chicken pieces and corn.
* Dissolve corn flour with water and add in the stock, keep stirring so no lumps form.
* Add white pepper and slowly pour in the egg white.
* Garnishwith greens of spring onion and serve with soya sauce and green chillies in vinegar.
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe:
Total Time: 1 hr 50 min
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 1 hr 40 min
6 to 8 servings
Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 cloves garlic, smashed
3 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch dice
4 ribs celery, cut into 1/2-inch dice
1 bunch thyme
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
2 bay leaves
3 pounds bone-in chicken legs and thighs, skin and excess fat removed
Water, as needed
2 grates fresh nutmeg
1 lemon, halved
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (15-ounce) can white beans or chick peas
Freshly ground black pepper
2 cups small pasta, preferably small shells such as orecchiette, or orzo
1 bunch cilantro, leaves coarsely chopped
Coat a large stock pot with olive oil and add the onions, celery and carrots. Season with salt, to taste,
and bring the pot to medium-high heat.
Cook the vegetables until they start to soften and are very aromatic, about 10 minutes.
Add in the garlic, crushed red pepper and thyme and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the chicken and fill the pot with enough water to cover the chicken. Add the bay leaves, bring the ingredients to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
Cook for 30 minutes and skim off any particles that accumulate on the surface.
Squeeze the juice of the 2 lemon halves into the soup and drop in the lemon halves.
Add the cinnamon and nutmeg and taste for seasoning. Adjust the flavors with salt and pepper, if needed.
Simmer the soup for an additional hour.
While the soup is simmering, bring another pot of well-salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until "al dente," firm but not crunchy. Drain the pasta and transfer to a medium bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and toss. Reserve.
After the soup has finished, switch the heat off and remove the chicken to a cutting board. Discard the lemon halves, thyme and bay leaves. Let the chicken cool, then remove the bones and discard. Pull the meat into bite-sized pieces and return them to the pot. Taste the soup for seasoning, which should be spicy with a bright lemon flavor and a warm cinnamon chicken feel. It should be very full-flavored and warm your soul. Rinse the beans and add them to the pot. Adjust the seasoning, if needed.
Spoon some of the reserved pasta into the bottom of each serving bowl and ladle the hot soup over the pasta. Garnish with the chopped cilantro and serve. This soup is perfect for a cold day! YAY!
Coconut-Curry Chicken Soup:
4 cups water
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
1 (5 3/4-ounce) package pad thai noodles (wide rice stick noodles)
3 cups fresh spinach leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
2 teaspoons red curry paste
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound)
6 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth $
1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons fish sauce
7 lime wedges
4 small hot red chiles, seeded and chopped, or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add spinach and peas to pan; cook for 30 seconds. Remove vegetables from pan with a slotted spoon; place in a large bowl. Add noodles to pan; cook 3 minutes. Drain; add noodles to spinach mixture in bowl.
2. Heat canola oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and the next 5 ingredients (through garlic) to pan; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add chicken broth to pan, and bring to a boil. Add coconut milk to pan; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken, onions, sugar, and fish sauce to pan; cook for 2 minutes. Pour chicken mixture over noodle mixture in bowl. Stir in cilantro and chiles. Serve with lime wedges.